Saturday, July 16, 2011

Good Things Come

My novel has been published in Kindle format for a little over two weeks, and my paperback for about five days. I watch the sales numbers much more frequently than I probably should, for my own sanity, trying to suss out who bought what and waiting for that moment when I think someone I don't know picked up my book. That'll be a great feeling.

Not that I'm not endlessly appreciative of all the support of my friends and family. Far from it. But knowing someone, somewhere, who is a complete stranger to me, is reading my book... that'll be a fantastic feeling. Especially when I see a sale in the UK! *fingers crossed*

In the meantime I'll wait impatiently for the first feedback to trickle in. I also plan on highlighting independent authors here whose books I've read and enjoyed, as I've found that this community of self-published folks is mature, friendly, and extremely talented. But for a while yet, this'll still be all about me. Exciting news coming next week.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment